KAKAKAKAKAOOOOOO

Anyone here who's an avid fan of emoticons and loves Kakao Talk???? Hehehehehehe. 

Okay to be fair, I actually don't like to use Kakao Talk partly because I'm not exactly fond of changing my 'lifestyle' (lol) and I don't like the extra spaces in Kakao Talk so to speak. I do agree the emoticons there are really cute, but I prefer the simplicity of WhatsApp.

BUT. I MADE A KAKAO TALK EMOTICON WITH CLAY. :D

GUESS WHICH ONE IS IT.

 

 

STICKY.

MONSTER.

LAB.

(Thanks ET for double checking the name for me on Kakao Talk HAHAHAHAHA)

 

 Photo screenshot from Kakao Talk and cropped.

Photo screenshot from Kakao Talk and cropped.

This is yet another order from a friend of mine, and she ordered it as a Christmas present for her partner! (Which explains why I'm only posting this on Christmas hehe)

DSC01986 copy.jpg

Here's my clay work with that photo as a reference! :D

 

BUT. 

 

WAIT FOR IT.

 

DSC01985 copy.jpg

I also made mini ones! These wasn't in the order though, I just thought it will be cute, since she will be keeping one and passing the other one to her partner (awwwewewewww couplecouple). I thought it might look empty and lonely so I made these to go with it when they're separated. 

Like this:

The mini ones are quite fragile though thanks to the tiny hands and legs... But they're realllllly adorable hehe.

This is actually my first time doing something this huge. Huge to me because it's one whole block. So...biggest "block" I've made??? The figurines I've done are around the same height, but they consist of different "blocks" to make up of that height. 

To save clay and make sure I got the correct size, I used aluminium foil. But the bad part about that is that it holds on to the shape of the aluminium foil, hence I had to sand it for HOURS (not even joking) to make it completely round and smooth. 

Thanks to the sandpaper, there was a lot of scratches, so I had to paint them (I really didn't want to do that sigh). 

I also had problem with the glazes...there were brush marks and stuff like that and it dried with white marks (mixed it wrongly etc). I had to clean off everything and repaint, reglaze. THE GLAZE MADE ME SOOOOOO MAD RAWR. 

But in the end it went well. This is the first time I tried making something like this and honestly I took way too long than expected. I guess at least now I have a gauge. :)